The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going camping up in that area in a couple weeks . Any of you guys have any good recomendations of a safe place to set up a tent camp for a few days ? I know the area fairly well , but was always staying at a friends camp up on Mason Hill . All I'll I really need is a safe drinking water source . I know there used to be a spring back Hicks Run , but that was 12 years ago . Thanks for any advice you may have .

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
You can also camp along Medix Run. The Moshannon State Forest office is more along the way you'll probably be coming in, you'll need a permit. There is also the Benezette Store Campground for $25 a night for tent camping I believe.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks eyefromthesky, I saw Medix Run on a net search , but all that it said was the lodges & cabins . We made our reservations today , so we're all set to freeze our butts off ...
Thank you though . I really appreciate all the replies .

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Sinnemahoning sportsmen offers camping and theres a good chance to wake up to elk in front of you

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sportsmans Club ? Would'nt you have to be a member ? I'll have to keep that in mind for future trips . Thanks bigben .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts