The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a Benelli Super Nova that ejects live shells out onto the ground? Mine started doing that this past weekend and I cant figure out whats up. I took the trigger assembly out and sprayed it down with brake cleaner and then hit a few spots with a shot of lubricant but its still doing the same thing. Anyone else having a similiar problem?

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It fires the first shot but the metal piece that you have to push up when loading the magazine stays up so when I work the action it sends the live round onto the ground.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Part of the Benelli pros is that they hold very tight tolerances. Benelli's do not have the built in slop of some other brands. This is a known issue that Benelli's have had on a small scale. If you send it back to Benelli, they will fix it. You can short cut the process and take it to a local gunsmith and have him polish things up so that the lifter does not get stuck. Search Benelli's forum and you will find a couple others that have had this problem

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! Ill check the forum and go from there

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
That's sound advice for sure really sounds like part of the ejector system is bent and it's hanging up causing the problem. I've had that happen with mossbergs and Remington's but not my benelli. Local gun shop that's a benelli dealer should fix you right up. Should be an inexpensive fix.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
I had a similar issue when I tried to shove a 10ga shell into mine. (It was dark and I have no idea where the 10ga shell came from that was in my blind bag. I don't even own a 10ga.) I took the Nova to the Trop Gun Shop in Elizabethtown. They sent it to Benelli. Benelli fixed it really quick and sent it back, NO CHARGE. Excellent customer service!

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont know how it happened but I do know it saved the lives of a few crows this past weekend. I'm going to check with the local gunsmith and see if he can fix it without sending it away. This will be the second time I've had to take this thing to the gunsmith, starting to wonder if I should have just got an 870.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Smtn10pt said:
I dont know how it happened but I do know it saved the lives of a few crows this past weekend. I'm going to check with the local gunsmith and see if he can fix it without sending it away. This will be the second time I've had to take this thing to the gunsmith, starting to wonder if I should have just got an 870.
I hear ya. They're good guns, but as with any product there are some that leave the factory and just... won't cooperate. I know people who have had 870 problems as well. Sometimes you just draw the short straw.

I've had to take my Nova in before. The spring inside the bolt was weak and was not hitting with enough power to strike the primer sufficiently. My primers would have real little dimples on them but would not fire. This was after at least 2,000 rounds through the gun.

It's now fixed and works great, and I still shoot it for Turkeys. I'm rollin with the Franchi I-12 now for wingshooting. Which I really love actually.

Good luck with your gun, I know it's a pain to send it away but Benelli really does have exceptional customer service. If you make a big enough stink I don't doubt that they'll send you a new gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts