The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out hunting this weekend for crows and after working fine for the first few volleys my Super Nova started pumping my live rounds out on the ground when I worked the action. Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
That actually happened to me once with my old Nova, I was shooting at a turkey and when I fired, a live round popped out the bottom. Never knew what caused it, and didn't do it any more after that

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I asked in another forum and heard that it happens fairly often with this had t gun. There is talk of it and the remedy in the Benelli forums. Basically I can send it back to them or have a gunsmith polish the area that is hanging up. Not really thrilled as this will be the second time I've had to have a gunsmith work on my Benelli which I bought for the supposed quality. (First time was to adjust the factory 12.5 pound trigger pull)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I hear ya about the trigger. The one on my new Supernova feels like dragging a cinder block through the sand.

How was yours after it was worked on?

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's much better now. Mine was actually so hard to pull that several times I tried to shoot at game and would bring the gun down and say $*&^ I left the safety on, then I would check and it was off. After that happend about three times I took it in and had the work done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts