The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good red dot sighting system for the Benelli Nova. Any recommendations? Are there any cheaper ones out there that work good? I don't want to spend the scratch for an EOtech or Aimpoint right now. What about mounting a Nikon buckmaster 3-9X40 on it? Do they make any attachments or am I going to have to drill and tap it? Basically, I want to red dot it or scope it, I want a more precise sighting system.

Thanks,

BT

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turkey hunting and I'd actually like to sale my buckmaster and buy a red dot.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Yeah, for Turkey scratch that Buckmaster 3x9 and go with a red dot.

The Aimpoint, Eotech, and ACOG are top of the line but as you mentioned a little more coin then you want to spend.

The Burris FastFire is nice but may also be above the range your looking for at $200.

You could always throw on Ghost Ring sights, I have them on my Hawk 982 and they rock.

I didn't mention any cheaper Red dots as I would tend to think the recoil of a 12 ga would destory them pretty quickly. I've seen cheaper red dots fail on my AR's and AR 22's. Then again, I've never had a red dot on my shotgun so its just speculation.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Is there an advantage to using a red dot? Or is it more for looks. Functionally I cannot see a need for it?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unlimited eye relief and not having to hold the exact same cheaking of the gun when using the dot are two. And not having to hold fine bead or whole bead or in between.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
BrownTrout said:
Unlimited eye relief and not having to hold the exact same cheaking of the gun when using the dot are two. And not having to hold fine bead or whole bead or in between.
Oh ok I was just curious. I never had a problem missing turkeys with a bead, I thought i was missing out on something. Thanks for the explanation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts