The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at our local gun store on friday. My wife had to go to the butcher so she dropped me off to window shop. Everything was normal, I looked around at some firearms and made small talk and left. This weekend we went to a family christmas party and I recieved a gift card for the same gun shop. So this evening I went in to look at the merchandise again. Wow, what a difference. The shelfs were noticeably less than on friday, event he handgun shelves were noticeably less. All the sales people were busy. I didn't see any AR's, Ak's or anything along those lines anymore only Ar .22's. There magazine stock had taken a pretty good hit too. I was amazed how big of a change in just a couple days time. Then later on I was at our local Wal-mart running errands and stopped by sporting goods as always just to peruse the merchandise and make small talk, they were all out of their tula 7.62x39 and .223. I've heard alot of people saying that they were going to make some purchases they've been thinking about but I was very surprised at the change at the local shop. Anyone else been to a gun store in the last couple days seeing anything like this?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I had to pick up some marine oil the other day, walmart is the only place that carries it locally here at this time, and I noticed the reloading section was cleared out except a few sets of dies and 1 bag of .270 brass.

Stopped at the local shop yesterday, and it seemed everything was stocked...even the pistol gripped ar's. I got my usual few k in primers and left...was packed in there though.

·
Registered
652 Posts
gander mtn in chambersburg was a mess saturday evening, people. i was in for about 1/2 hour before i found an associate availible to ask about a gun in stock, took about another hour after that of waiting and doing the background check. usually in and out in a half hour tops

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
I was at a local Dick's and the rack and show cases were full of guns and the shelves well stocked with ammo. The clerk said business was normal.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I was at a dicks Saturday eve with my wife. 3 guys were buying AR style guns.

Just heard on morning news Dicks pulls all " assault"type rifles from shelves.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Really hoping these laws dont take effect before we return to the states....

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Same in this area, gun shops are loaded with shoppers.

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
It's chaos, as it should be. Friday evening I ordered up a bunch of high capacity magazines before they were gone.

·
Premium Member
4,388 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold"> I went to Gander Mountain & Dick's S/G's yesterday evening looking for a gift idea....Both were packed with buyers....Both gun sections were smoking busy....

G/M's reloading section looked like the bread shelves in the supermarket before a big snow storm...Pretty much empty...</span>

·
Registered
13,149 Posts
BOOTOXEN said:

If Dicks does that they will lose my business from here on out and they get alot of my $$$$$$

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
octagon said:
BOOTOXEN said:

If Dicks does that they will lose my business from here on out and they get alot of my $$$$$$
Here's a link about Dicks:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/justice/connecticut-dicks-guns/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I was in the Greensburg store last night and didn't see any "assault" rifles on the shelves. I did notice that the shelf where they kept the AR mags was empty but figured they all sold due to the panic.

·
Registered
21,567 Posts
I went Bob's on sunday to buy my son a shotgun for christmas.I got there before they opened so I's be the first one at the gun counter.It took over 1.45 minures to get through for the back ground check.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Heard about dicks today, not getting any cash from me this year. I was planning on going there this week to get my kid some gear for xmass.

·
Registered
785 Posts
BEEN LOOKING FO A ROCK RIVER ARMS LAR-15LH LEF-T ELITE OPERATOR. WAS ON THE COMPUTER ALL DAY. FOUND AT TOMMY GUNS GUN SHOP $1000 + TAX OUT THE DOOR 3 TO 4 MONTH WAIT GIVE HIM A CALL 724-794-6945 SLIPERY ROCK PA

·
Registered
22,642 Posts
atr said:
This problem is really getting far reaching ,I went to three walmarts and the kids had wiped the slingshots clean out
My Walmart was out of Red Rider BB guns too.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I am done at Dicks. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. This is a very sensitive subject as we are all aware and they over reacted. If there was a rise in stabbings or a mass stabbing are they going to ban knives, or mass suffocating are they going to ban plastic bags? etc. etc.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry guys just wanted to point out there seems to be some panic buying going on so those thinking about purchasing something may want to call ahead to see if they have it in stock. Add to the mess that now Wal-Mart and Dicks are taking some types of firearms off their shelves and this further depletes the availibilty. To bad about the Red Ryder BB guns, good thing I already got an AR-15 BB gun. Uh-oh, that won't be banned will it?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts