The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...been working alot since the holidays, got a little time today to hang in man cave this afternoon to refuel during my 10 hour weekend..lol, and while sitting there and looking around the room it became obvious how much the crossbow has changed hunting in my family and it made me smile...so i took all the memorabilia from just the past three years of crossbowhunting and then took this pic to share...A bolt is saved after it passes thru a deer's chest in this house. 7 deer = 7 bolts, 3 bucks and 4 does 9and 1 miss by the old man
) , harvested by 3 hunters 8, 14 and 43 years old with 3 different crossbows. Now that is alright in my book.

On our property we get heavily cut off in the rifle season, pretty much waiting on misses by the neighbors to have any luck, has been a little frustrating to my kids and myself with all the working and thinking we do for success all year long only to hear that rifle shot 100 yards from the line and the cover the deer are heading for that we made. Archery hunting has been a solo affair for me up to 3 years ago. Only thing that has changed in the last 3 years is the when, who and what we are carrying in Oct/Nov.

From my cold dead fingers on these weapons...get your family involved In YOUR archery season.

BTW, notice all the empty holes in the "bolt board" , looking forward to filling those with the family..

·
Registered
18,627 Posts
RB-HPA said:
From my cold dead fingers on these weapons...get your family involved In YOUR archery season.
Yep. It has provided opportunities that were never there at the expense of no one.

Here is to many more.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dpms said:
RB-HPA said:
Yep. It has provided opportunities that were never there at the expense of no one.

Here is to many more.
Not sure about that Gene, cost me well over $8,000 in crossbows, camo, gear, double stands, trail cams, vaca days...

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
That there are memories and it doesn't get any better then that and crossbow hunting has changed. Our group also for the good everybody just enjoys hunting so much more....

·
Registered
485 Posts
haha so im not the only one that writes on the arrow what it killed? thought i was a little strange there for a moment...

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Mike for being the supplier of all this great tuned in gear and bolts. Don;t think for a minute your experience with these did not make our experiences in the field that much better...

You at the ATA now?

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Congrats! I like the "bolt rack"

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks, that is just a temporary one I made in 2 minutes so i don't loose the bolts, I am making one with pine to match the pine walls once I get back into all that stuff. Might make an attachment to it for photos etc..

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
RB-HPA said:
dpms said:
RB-HPA said:

Here is to many more.
Not sure about that Gene, cost me well over $8,000 in crossbows, camo, gear, double stands, trail cams, vaca days...
Wow i didn't think that much money. That's crazy.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks, The most expensive part of it is taking the $6 bolts out of commission, $42 invested already..LOL
, BTW, keep the blood on them gives them character

1 - 16 of 16 Posts