The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last fall we had a wooden fence built in the back of the house. So this spring we decided to build some raised bed gardens. I started building them at the end of April, went to the local landscaping place and bought some premium top soil. It took about 3 truckloads. The gardens are growing great. I also got some miracle grow and have been putting that on everything once every 7 to 10 days and here are the results:

This one has peppers and broccoli

This one has tomatoes and peppers, we like peppers lol

This one has zucchini celery and onions

This section I planted various perrenials

·
Super Moderator
24,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you're wondering why I have chicken wire around everything it's to keep our dogs out of them

·
Super Moderator
24,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gee, no answers?? I must say this is the first year we ever had a garden.

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
Looks great to me. Try 1 table spoon of epson salts (un scented) mixed in a gallon of water around the base of your peppers. you'll see a difference. I only treat mine twice a season. You'll be surprised how much you can get out of a small garden.

·
Super Moderator
24,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I'll try that

·
Registered
593 Posts
That sure is a heck of a lot of peppers. Are they all the same variety? Looks good. What perennials did you plant?
I had to put electric fence around the wire for my garden. For the same reason couldn't keep my own dogs out.

·
Super Moderator
24,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The perrenials are a mixed color of Irises and two butterfly plants, an orange one and a vanilla one. Way down at the end of the fence I planted a honeysuckle vine. On the other side of the last garden bed I planted a blueberry bush surrounded by strawberries

·
Super Moderator
24,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The peppers are mostly green ones but there are some red ones too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts