The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been 15 years since I bought a brand new firearm and have half convinced to wife to let me get another gun. I am looking for a lever action either 30-30 or 45colt is anyone making anything new that is worth buying over a used marlin or winchester?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It may be worth considering a new production Marlin as well. After looking for a JM stamped Marlin, and seeing the premium they are carrying, I bought a Remington production Marlin 1895 GBL. In discussion with the dealer, and from some reading on the Internet, it appears that the rifles coming out of the Ilion, NY factory aren't plagued with the issues the New Haven, CT rifles have/had. Mine is an Ilion production rifle and it's nearly flawless. My only complaint would be that the checkering is not as sharp and defined as some rifles. Otherwise, fit and function are perfect.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info wdchuckhunter I'll look in to it?

·
Registered
983 Posts
If you want a 3030 i recommend getting a pre remington marlin, the new ones in my opinion cant even compare to the old ones, they may be a little more expensive but they are worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts