The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty sure I want to go with some type of bedliner instead of carpet as I redo the boat. Anybody else go this route and care to share advice

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I haven't personally done it, but I've heard it absorbs heat big-time.. There are other alternatives that won't get as hot (nylon covering, neo-mats).. It is also permanent, and I've heard it makes simple repairs to a boat next to impossible, so once you do it there's no turning back.. I have a nylon covering in my boat and love it.. It doesn't get hot in the summer at all and has good traction

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have a Line X liner in mine( light grey) It's great and does not get hot. There's a guy in steelton,pa that sprayed it on the boat.

·
Registered
949 Posts
smallie1 said:
I have a Line X liner in mine( light grey) It's great and does not get hot. There's a guy in steelton,pa that sprayed it on the boat.
I was wondering about getting this done? How much did it run you if you don't mine me asking?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
You can get the kits from the auto parts store and brush/roll it on yourself much cheaper. You can get diff. Colors and definitely go light. My brother did the inside of a 14 ft blue in for under $100. Only problem, he used black. It does get hot.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I'm guessing u want this for slip resistant ? i just recently redid my 16ft for duck hunting and when i painted with my 2nd coat on the floor i added 2 cups of sand in the paint to give rought surface for slip resistance ...

·
Registered
239 Posts
I put Hydro Turf camo from Gator Trax Boats in my Grizzly. It cost around $300 to do the whole boat. The stuff is awe sum and easy to work with.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I can't speak about the heat or how it would hold up on an aluminum boat, but I used the Rustoleum bed liner in the cab of my pickup. I would go that route any time. It's an epoxy paint and 2 coats held up like iron. There was just enough anti-skid mixed in the paint that I never had a problem with traction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts