The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone direct me in the digest to this section. I have been looking on the pgc website and can not find information. Any help is appreciated.

I have an email in to the PGC as well but figured you all could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
97 Posts
Surprisingly there are no requirements in PA. It is crazy. Just be insured. I'm surprised they don't cash in on this - like the Fish commission - they could at least get people's $100/year...

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Four or five years ago, there was a guy testifying at the January meeting. He was a waterfowl guide concerned about all the "pick up" guides and the harm they caused the full time guides by the bad experiences they provided to clients.

He asked the BOC to consider some basic requirements for waterfowl guides at the time. Nothing came of it, but I thought it was interesting that the guides were interested in having some minimum qualifications and requirements.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I know the requirements on fishing and am looking into this as well. Crazy there is no requirements. I hope they can give me something in return to my email.

Just looking for info at the current time.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
I've been whitetail deer guiding for the last 14 years in PA. Some VERY nice bucks taken during that time too....about eight of them during the past 12 years.

My son has yet to pay me a single red cent for any of those hunts.

·
Registered
52,306 Posts
In Maine to get certified you have to pass first aid life saving courses,map reading, and survival skills in order to become a guide.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From my email from the PGC today you need a permit to guide elk, bobcat, and coyotes on gamelands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts