The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Beavertail boat blind on my War Eagle Gladiator 750. Attached are the pictures. It fits really well and looks great. I had to make several modifications to the install instructions and I have another 2 to do to make it fit the boat perfectly. I am going to shorten the front center rod a bit to lower the height and gain a better view. Overall, I think it looks and functions great.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Rancho Safari gillie type cover that I am considering attaching over this blind. I bought the Rancho Safari as a cover to my homemade pop up blind two years ago. That blind looked good and worked well however the welds at the conduit joints and connects rusted and broke after only 2 seasons of use. The Rancho Safari blends in very well in marsh and river bank settings and will eliminate me from having to add brush on each hunting trip.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Everything I've read people say Beavertail is the way to go. Your's looks great.

Reactions: Mark Ramela

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
That looks great and it looks simple to pop up. I have an Avery that came with my boat. it is cumbersome to put up. Seeing yours makes me want one.

Reactions: Mark Ramela

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks great and it looks simple to pop up. I have an Avery that came with my boat. it is cumbersome to put up. Seeing yours makes me want one.
It is simole to pop up and take down. Just flip it over and strap the bungee cords to the front and corners of the boat. The rubber coated arms don't fit the gunwales on the boat properly. The main cross frames could potentially come loose and slide. The backs is much more secure than the front of the boat due to the curve. I'm figure on drilling a one hole on each side of the main support bar and bolting the font to the boat. It will never move of slide then.

Reactions: Dogface

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everything I've read people say Beavertail is the way to go. Your's looks great.
Thanks Charlie. It's getting there. Now I need to sell the outboard and put a Pro Drive surface drive motor on her!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks nice ,looks easy to use. nice boat also
Thanks NortherPotterCo! It is a good looking and functional boat for shallow as well as deep water. I really enjoy it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looks great. If I understand the concept to the beavertail though, there is no length adjustment for the frame, correct? Might make it hard to fit on my roughneck which has a pretty large front casting deck with several compartments. I have an avery, but it is a pain to roll up by yourself, the beavertail looks quick to set up and take down.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks great. If I understand the concept to the beavertail though, there is no length adjustment for the frame, correct? Might make it hard to fit on my roughneck which has a pretty large front casting deck with several compartments. I have an avery, but it is a pain to roll up by yourself, the beavertail looks quick to set up and take down.
The Beavertail blinds are made in series according to boat length. I bought a 1700 series to fir my 17'4" boat. You can custom fit the blind to your particular boat by cutting the length of the insert poles as I did on my boat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts