The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might seem really random, but does anyone know how to attract beavers to a stream. I want to have them dam up a creek so it floods.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
I'd contact your local WCO and tell them if they have any problem beavers that they trap, you'd like them put there.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
witout food , (aspen birch poplar) they wouldn't stay . plus it would have to be muddy baanks for a possible place to live , or have a swamp close by . if its a main creek with lots of stone there would be know way to get a dam built either . lots of variables involved.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
I don't believe beavers that are trapped for being a nuisance are "re-located", I think they are "disposed of". In other words, I don't believe "live" traps are used.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
The PGC does use live traps for nuisance beavers depending where they are located. Some are relocated and most are not, it depends on where it is.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
There is a lot to think about in creating a beaver dam. Number one is damage to others property which is one of the biggest complaints about beaver along with the destruction of trees. I highly doubt any WCO will put a beaver in a stream because someone wants a dam because he or she will be the one saddled by the problems it most likely to cause. That and there is no assurance the beaver will stay where it is released and more than likely it will go to the worst place possible.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
kudu58 said:
I'd contact your local WCO and tell them if they have any problem beavers that they trap, you'd like them put there.
I've had a couple "problem beavers" I'd GLADLY relocate for you!!!

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
John S said:
The PGC does use live traps for nuisance beavers depending where they are located. Some are relocated and most are not, it depends on where it is.
Interesting. Where are they relocated to? SGLs? Just wondering as I'm 99.9% sure that ADC trappers are required to euthanize any animals they catch so as not to spread disease or anything like that. I would've assumed the same would hold true for beavers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts