The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this will be my first year useing leghold's for Beaver is a Brigger #3 enough trap to hold Beaver thanks for any info

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
bridger #3 is plenty . i have caught them by a hind foot but prefer to target the front foot . much easier and you don't need as much water to catch or drown that way . many people will tell you that it's not enough trap but is what i use primarily as far as steel traps , although i do use some sleepy creek # 4 double long springs .i find they bed well and stable in the mud . here is one from a few years ago

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
those 3s will work fine esp. on front foot like dietsch said. i've caught and drown them in 1.75 by the front foot before i had bigger traps. now i use mostly #3 duke but want to get some #4 dukes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bobcat,

those #4 dukes are on sale til the end of this month on the F & T website. I was looking at them myself for beaver trapping. I think they are just a copy of #3 bridgers.
Maybe I'll get lucky and Santa will pay a visit lol

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
TrapperShrek said:
Bobcat,

those #4 dukes are on sale til the end of this month on the F & T website. I was looking at them myself for beaver trapping. I think they are just a copy of #3 bridgers.
Maybe I'll get lucky and Santa will pay a visit lol
somwhat of acopy of the bridgers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts