The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,609 Posts
similar ,but not exactly . i look for pinch points . snare half in the water and put a gob of castor a foot or so up in the air . by habit a beaver will swim the top of water and when he smells it he will swim around searching for the source . many beaver fall victim to this set . i prefer a beaver snare to the cr .not as expensive ,and remember that you can have entanglement , different rules in the water

· Registered
2,609 Posts
NoMojo said:
Blind sets as in castor mounds made in a variety of locations or bait sticks I was going to try lath stips for a bait stick
blind sets would be using the animals natural movement . look for some sticks ,logs ,rocks ,etc that they are swimming around . as an example i have a spot in a stream where there is a schrub line that crosses over into another stream , look for a spot where an animal will be using to get to a certain location and hang a snare in that spot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.