·
Super Moderator
9,151 Posts

Check out these works of art.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It doesn`t sing " I`m Alright and dance ? Did you let the taxadermist know your dissatisfaction over it.
I chose not to. It was done by a taxidermist in his mid 70’s with arthritis. This one is on me. I couldn’t find anyone near me that wanted to deal with furbearers. His price was the first red flag.

·
Registered
516 Posts
There are soooooooo many things I could say, but I don't want to get banned from the site! ;)

It happens to the best of us. At least you didn't pay a fortune. I have a 26'' Golden mounted that looks like a yellow crayola crayon, so you're not alone. I'm a little curious about the decoy standing on the highway though....

·
Registered
30,137 Posts
always check the quality of the mount you want done before giving it to the taxidermist. just because he does great deer doesnt mean he can do a great job on other stuff.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There are soooooooo many things I could say, but I don't want to get banned from the site! ;)

It happens to the best of us. At least you didn't pay a fortune. I have a 26'' Golden mounted that looks like a yellow crayola crayon, so you're not alone. I'm a little curious about the decoy standing on the highway though....
That decoy is in the taxidermist front yard as an advertising tool!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I had my first gobbler done years ago by a guy that was supposed to have done "good work ". I went with him because of the money. Let me tell you, you get what you pay for. Don't let money dictate your hard earned trophy. Taxidermists take money down and then you can pay over the year until you get it payed off and they call and say your trophy is done. I ended up giving the turkey away and never went to that Taxidermist again. I also let my friends know not to use him for any work . Sorry your beaver didn't turn out the way you wanted it to. Lesson learned.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Glad your taking it so well.

I had two stud drake Woodducks done a few years ago and couldn't wait to get them back well I was sick to my stomach on how they looked and what I paid for what I got. The taxidermist did ok deer work but was definitely not a bird taxidermist and they only lasted a year before I couldn't take looking at them anymore and through them in the fire when I was burning brush one day.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts