The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone sent there Doe Application to Beaver County Courthouse, they are on a very limited staff. I spoke to them this morning and the lady I talked to said they have 3 people out and she was only working 1/2 a day. She said it will take longer than usual and to call her next week. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Not happy about this!! I spoke to the Game Commission and the beaver County Commissioners Office. The Game Commission took the information. They couldn't believe it either. The commissioners Office never returned my call. They acted like oh well??? Sorry just had to rant about this.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Though I understand your anger, life's too short to get bent out of shape over a doe tag. And not to sound like a jerk but the wmu you applied for has the 3rd least amount of tags awarded and the 5th most tags alloted for a wmu. Less than 800 of the 43,000 are accounted for. Pretty sure you will have a shot at least 2nd round if not 3rd round tags at that rate.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
yestersay was day 2 of the resident application process, and we're already getting up in arms? So long as you get awarded before NR's add to the pile what does it matter? A tag is a tag regardless if it's #1 or #1111.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
18,295 Posts
NR can apply this coming Monday. all county treasurers must fill the residents tags before then or their will most certainly be some very upset people if they don't get tags when they mailed them in on time.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Mine is usually processed on Monday so I did wonder why it had not been awarded. After reading the original post, I logged back in and it has been awarded this morning.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Got my 2f from them this morning finally...while and of the world...it's still unfair for the hundreds to do everything right on their end and get shafted by a slow treasurer..I'm a reasonable guy...i know things happen and all that...butnif they can't keep up they need to forward their applications to a different county...it's not "luck of the draw". I'm fine with true luck of the draw...

Guys that say it's no big deal either don't hunt much or dont work or have a flexible job...some of us have vacations, cabin rentals, etc planned a year in advanced around hunting season...and while "just a doe tag" that's not the point...

The point is its in no way fair to the hunters...life isn't fair..i know that pretty dang well...but something like that needs to be fair...

I've never not gotten a doe tag that I've applied for...so yes I do plan my hunting trips around having that tag...

Glad they worked it out and hopefully noone gets the shaft..

Hopefully someone sees the major flaw in the system...why county treasurers have a part in doe tags still is beyond me...

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Not starting a fight but how can it ever be "fair" just with taking the county out of it? If the licences were sold over the counter no doubt they would sell quicker because the whole mailing and waiting for someone to process would be taken out of the equation. So for hard to get units people are still going to miss out on tags. It's not "fair" if someone works the day tags go on sale and cant get to the store prior to selling out.

To make everyone happy and be "fair" there would have to be enough tags for everyone to get a tag no matter when they get their licence. Personally I don't think there is an issue with how they do things now which isnt much different than how the old county process.

Calling a system "fair" because it works in your favor or is easier for some to get tags doesnt make it any better for the whole if allocation is limited. You are always going to have someone be upset they didnt get a tag and call things unfair. People that have no problems getting tags under this system will gripe if the system changes and they miss out on a tag under that system

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
browninggold said:
Mine is usually processed on Monday so I did wonder why it had not been awarded. After reading the original post, I logged back in and it has been awarded this morning.
Ya, they awarded mine this afternoon. They said they were going to work on them today. Glad you got yours.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
My buddy sent his on time to Beaver county....for 2f....

They called and asked if he had a 2nd pick...

That's ridiculous....i didnt watch which day 2f sold out...and I know people just don't get their tags when they sale out...but had they been on the ball he would have gotten his tag...if he would have sent elsewhere he would have gotten his tag....

·
Registered
389 Posts
mauser06 said:
My buddy sent his on time to Beaver county....for 2f....

They called and asked if he had a 2nd pick...

That's ridiculous....i didnt watch which day 2f sold out...and I know people just don't get their tags when they sale out...but had they been on the ball he would have gotten his tag...if he would have sent elsewhere he would have gotten his tag....
I think 2F sold out today.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I put mine in the mail the Friday morning before we left for the weekend to go camping. I was awarded my 2f tag at 2:45 that Monday. Maybe I just got lucky.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
2F sold out on.....SUNDAY!

EDIT: Others have said there were a few tags available for 2F Monday morning....like a couple dozen, there were HUNDREDS Friday night when I went to bed. When I checked they were out. My non-res buddy said they sold out Sunday....he's not a BSer so I assume when he checked first thing Monday morning they were sold out as well.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yeah Jason I checked Monday around lunchtime and I seen 2f was sold out. I also checked Friday night and seen there were a couple hundred left. So I assumed they sold out on Monday. I didn't realize some treasurers awarded tags during Saturday's and Sunday's.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is what I was talking about. Believe Beaver County started late going through the tags. I am still waiting on a call back from the Beaver County Commissioners. They are all in it together.

·
Registered
18,295 Posts
filling a doe tag application isnt rocket science. if the treasurers office is short staffed they can most likely pull someone from another office to help out or stay late and get some overtime.

maybe some of these offices are run by anti hunters and they let their personal feelings get in the way.

there is always something they can do. maybe a commissioner can roll up their sleeves and help.

there is NO EXCUSE when a resident that mailed their application in ON TIME doesnt get a tag but a non resident does.

·
Super Moderator
13,804 Posts
JasonN said:
2F sold out on.....SUNDAY!

EDIT: Others have said there were a few tags available for 2F Monday morning....like a couple dozen, there were HUNDREDS Friday night when I went to bed. When I checked they were out. My non-res buddy said they sold out Sunday....he's not a BSer so I assume when he checked first thing Monday morning they were sold out as well.
Late Friday night 2F had 356 left. There were 177 issued on Saturday leaving 179 by days end on Saturday. Some of the Treasurers worked on Sunday and sold another 153 2F licenses. There were 26 left for Monday morning. I checked about 0850 Monday morning and 2F were all gone by that time.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
makes me feel even worse for my buddy...

i asked this evening and he said he sent it monday morning...so it was there tuesday or wednesday at the latest...

he wasnt too happy talking to a buddy at work...he sent wednesday to Forest county...he thought he had to send there for a 2F tag for some reason...he got his tag...

just doesnt seem right...how quickly a county treasurer fills applications is out of our hands...

they probably KNEW they were short staffed...guess what? throw them in a bin and take them to another county to be filled...

next year it might be a different county...theres no telling...and its just not right...

atleast before if you wanted a venango county tag it went to venango county courthouse...if you sent yours in on time it was there with everyone elses...it was certainly more "luck of the draw" which i am FINE with...

heck...i used to enjoy the rides with dad early Saturday morning to drop our tags off infront of the courthouse...

something needs to change to take stuff like this out of the equation...im sure my buddy isnt the only one that got shafted...many people in SW PA have camps and hunt in 2F and im sure other areas that sold out the first week...

i send to beaver county because that is where i live...i guess i feel like i should support them a bit...but at the same time youd expect them to support us right back...

·
Registered
18,295 Posts
which monday? the 11th or the 18th?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts