The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well I did it agian, three productive trips in a row!
I was hunting a construction site my cousins been working, where they have been timbering. They had made a road to get the trucks up so there was a high bearm on the right side. I set up ontop and vehind it with a thicket to my back, started my calls very low vol and about a min into the first distress call I caught eyes in the middle of the road. She was standing there staring me down about 125 yards. I didnt want to move so I foucsed the head on my noxx scanner to where I could see eyes and body, I could see it neway the moon was so bright, I counted down a few inches from the eyes, then I slipped her the old chill pill. DRT. turned on the coyote death cry sat 5 mins... no other customers so I walked down and was soo happy. Unfortunatly she did have mange fairly bad you can see in the pic, from the neck to the butt. Her belly was bare and you could see sore ect. I did her a favor. Too bad I couldnt skin her but I did ttake tye tail because surprising it was fine. I really want to thank all you guys who responed to my Faithless foxpro post, I took all your advice back to the drawing board and got my crap together. Time of death was 1:45am temp -2deg / wind 5mph or less head wind / 204 with my bad dog load. My season has totally turned around, and if keep up this rate who could ask for more.... GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This was my second set of the night, I drove about a mile away after this found fresh track but didnt catch any eyes while calling so I left. I was terribly cold but they are out so dont think twice about going.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Good stuff right there! Like i posted to you in the other thread. It only takes a second to change a season. After not finding my coyote I hit the other night I got right back in and killed a nice female grey. Kinda makes you forget about the cold when theres eyes lookin back!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks,
I went out last night and called for 10min, turned the vol reall low. then a min later I heard somthing walk past me to my back, loojed over and there was a greyfox standing there about 10 ft from me looking in the feild near my call. then turned took off. Saw him a min later running up the path nexto the feild. so for some reasonI turned my kill light on and took a shot without trying to stop him. missed and it turned around and ran back towards me the into the woods. haha lesson learned not to shoot at moving foxes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts