The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Can you actually look at the collection? The site used to have just a few featured that he has for sale, I think 4 guns. Please post back if they changed it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YOUR RIGHT JOE,IT IS JUST THE 4 ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE.I GUESS I NEVER GET BORED LOOKING AT THEM.I HAVE JOE KINDIGS ORIGINAL BOOK.VERY NICE

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Its probably the most amazing gun collection ever put together. Most were purchased when no one wanted them. Its been a long time, but I think I read once that the old man paid 50 cents for the first one he ever bought, and got several of them for 5 dollars, 15 dollars,etc. I have looked at those ones he has for sale and often wondered what he wants, but I won't waste his time by calling, I can't afford it ! You have to give Jr credit, I think they have only sold like 20 of them over the years out of 535 !

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
If you didn't make it to last winter's exhibit of, "Berks County Longrifles & Gunmakers: 1750-1900", at The Historical Society of Berks County, you missed a wonderful opportunity to look over 46 original Berks rifles, 14 of which came from the Kendig collection.

There is a book available with all the rifles shown in color. It is a little pricey, but a pleasure to leaf through every now and then when you need a flintlock fix.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I GOT THAT BOOK BERKS,AND WHEN I OPEN IT UP AND START LOOKIN AT THOSE BEAUTIFUL PIECES OF ART ,I TRAVEL BACK 230 YEARS.LAST WEEK I THOUGHT I SEEN GEORGE WASHINGTON,LOL

·
Registered
575 Posts
I had a great uncle that did much the same thing. He went around to public auctions and got some very beautiful flintlocks for next to nothing. One in particular was kinda bad looking but when he got it home and cleaned all the gunk and crud off the stock it had silver inlay and was an absolutely beautiful piece of work. He also had a collection of swords bought the same way. Of course I was not in his will so I am still empty handed in the original rifle dept.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts