The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quite night for me. Did watch either a fox or a coyote in the field a couple hundred yards away running around not sure what it was doing, chasing birds or something I don’t know. Couldn’t get it interested in me.
Didn’t hear a single howl and no luck calling the Bobcat I seen the other week.

·
Registered
9,667 Posts
.....hunted last night from 9 pm to 4 am.....temps ranged from 7° to 10°
....hunted Friday night for about 5 hours and temps were between 10° to 12°

...wasn't bad actually. Better than hunting in 75° with sticky humidity..

had my normal layers on...the only things different were the boots and the hat....

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
No way, no how would I go out in temperatures like you guys call in.

limbhnger10 said: "Better than hunting in 75° with sticky humidity.." I have to agree with you on the humidity part, but I've called many days with the temps in the 70's If the humidity is above 6 or 7 out here we complain.

3030 congratulations on your first and you are hooked, it only takes one to get you hooked. I'm over 80 and I can still remember my first, at age 14, like it was just yesterday.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No way, no how would I go out in temperatures like you guys call in.
If it’s not windy and the air is dry it’s actually not bad. So still, so quiet, just enjoyable to be out in a different world.
Now yeah it’s cold, but you just dress for it and it’s easily bearable. It got down to 7 with a real feel of 0 while I was out. I’ve been FAR more uncomfortable with a high dew point, frost, and the temperatures in the 20’s.
This pic is from the other year I think it was -4.
Helmet Armour Personal protective equipment Facial hair Knight

1 - 20 of 30 Posts