The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been catching late season prime boars that, up until today, looked real good. Today however we got two boars that look like they went 10 rounds with Tyson. Huge series of bite marks on their backs and sides. Both with what looked like chewed off tails. One was cut on his under belly and missing one of two important parts.

Wondering if anyone else is encountering the same things?

·
Registered
207 Posts
i had caught 2 last week that were a little beat up myself. Ear was mangled a little. I wonder if it might be mating season and there fighting a bit.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yeah the last few I got were all bit up. Yesterdays boar was missing his tail and had a nasty surprise under his hide when I was skinning him. With a hefty pull down on the hide some liquid crap shot across the shed. Some hit my arm but the bulk went on the floor and the thawing out hides. Must have been some infection from battling.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Picked up a few the smorning one boar was all pee stained and rubbed on his neck the other looks ok im pulling all traps tomorrow a.m. and thats it for the year...

No sense taking animals that are rubbed ....

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We got another big boar this morning.....cold black with just a little white on him. Real pretty pelt. NOT A MARK ON HIM.....go figure.

I'm about done too. I think we'll have them all pulled Sunday into Monday. Been a long season and, truth be told, I'm tired.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts