The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got up bright and early to try and beat the storm and get some hunting in.
Todo got to the house bright and early and we were at Buddy's house before 8.

Got over to the spot and hit the brush. At first the rabbits came a little slow but there were tracks everywhere. So we pushed deeper in and we got into them really good.
The dogs ran a bit spotty at times especially when they would drive a bunny down to the swampy areas. but they kept at it and just about crawled when they had to and hammered when they could.
Overall they did a great job, Hunted and handled like old pros and we had our limits by about 1 PM. just as the flakes began to fall.

Nasty out there as I type this now. Good to be home.

Glad to see you back at it Todd. It's been a while.

Good to see you smile Buddy. We are there for you champ.

John L

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HNTRDAVE said:
congrats on the bunnies! Nice shed also. Think its fresh from this year?
Not sure on the shed.
It wasn't chewed at all but was stained and had a tint of green on the bottom.

John L

·
Registered
25,155 Posts
lot of tracks this AM John!! Had a hunt scheduled for tomorrow AM with one of the neighborhood kids off for Christmas but looks like we have to re schedule...Coming down pretty good now..on top of what we had down..

Congrats on a nice hunt...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good to be back out John. The kidos are only young once and I don't want to miss any games. Hunting with good friends and good dogs comes a close second though. I am glad we could get out with Buddy after a tough couple weeks. Dogs were awesome, and I guess you weren't too bad either for an old fart.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks so much for dragging me out of the house guys. Good friends, great hounds, and lots of bunnies always equals a great day. Nice to see you Todd!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Looks like a good time.
I Worked odd hours, but still went out mid storm; nothing. At least the dogs got some exercise.

Thanks for pics... I showed the boy... This is what you get when you beat the storm...

·
Registered
594 Posts
Awesome!!! Man I love beagles...I also went out before the storm today...saw an unbelievable amount of snowshoe tracks but all I have is one of those pointy dogs...ur beagles would of had a good time where I was today...Oh wait, looks like they had a pretty good time where they were...congrats

·
Registered
438 Posts
Great job as usual!!!! Thats a lot of Rabbit burger. I am making those pheasant and rabbit burger this week!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts