The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any information on the area or Lodge, thinking of going next June, I have been to fly outs in NW Ontario, Red lake area. not sure what expect. Have been fishing Port Clinton for eyes really good fishing just looking for something different , any info would be great

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I've fished out of Barefoot Lodge on the French River. Evidently not the same place you're headed to. I like the country up there, beautiful scenery, beautiful river, secluded.

·
Registered
11,281 Posts
I have fished there for almost 20 years. World class musky fishing! Lots of bass and pike. Its my favorite place in the world.
Longbeard

Do you tow your own boat? I see they have rentals but I'd prefer my own boat.

BTW do they charge you the park at the pickup point?

·
Registered
264 Posts
we hunted bears den lodge in 96 and 98 with success. caught a lot of fish. nothing big but they were there. really nice place and nice people.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
i was up fishing on the French River way back in the early 70's. we fished an area called five fingers. we didnt stay at any lodge as we were staying at a camp down by the Georgian Bay. the camp was on Haines lake. i remember one of the inlets we fished in had a waterfall and the water had a type of whirlpool that kept spinning the boat around even though it was anchored. beautiful country up there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts