The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These stinking bears have been having a ball with my mock scrape lick branches this year. And as usual loving the trail cams that go with them lol.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,156 Posts
They’re not gonna be having that much fun come Saturday morning.... bears coming in daylight hours, I’d be all over that spot.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you use for licking branches?
Started out using grape vines but have used beech and striped maple saplings also. Haven't noticed a difference in either. They bears pulled the vine out if one and the buck are still using the rope.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They’re not gonna be having that much fun come Saturday morning.... bears coming in daylight hours, I’d be all over that spot.
Current count is 17 bear using our 1,000 acre lease, which is about where it's been hovering the last few years. More sows and cubs this year than normal but there were 5 boar harvested off the hill last year.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Great pictures Rather, i'm having the same issues, they can't seem to walk past a licking branch vine,or my waterholes. They pull the stick out almost every time then sit in them. One in particular needs a 15 gallon refill every week

1 - 9 of 9 Posts