The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
That isn’t real bad yet but it will probably get worse if it isn’t treated. All animals have natural antibodies to fight off scarcoptic mange so they can sometimes recover from a mild case.

If the bear is coming in to the same place regularly it might be possible for the WCO to treat it and clear it up with a dose of ivermectin. I suggest calling the Regional Office and talking to the WCO in charge of the area.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
123 Posts
muttley, I saw one this weekend in Potter County with bad bad mange. The only black hairs left was alittle tuft on the back of its neck. Copletley bald from head to toe. Legs belly back butt face everything. Most horrible thing I ever saw. Can believe he is still alive. Took a picture thru the screen porch, dah, and the camera focused on the screen, so no pic. I was told the commission was aware of this bear and have been in the area looking for it. Hope they catch up to it and put it out of its misery, and stop it from spreading to other critters.

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the only time I've seen him, Dick. If I can get a pattern on him I'll call the southwest region office.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts