The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever went Bear Trapping? Getting the itch to do so. Been to Maine a couple times for Gear Hunts, never Trapped them. Thanks.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Been up to Maine bear trapping about 10 times, nothing more exciting than checking your trap in the morning. When it all switched to foot snares, there was a learning curve. Heading up again this September. Think we have a group of about 6 going

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
I would like to go, but seems expensive to go up there and set one trap, and I don't think you have much choice if you catch a small one.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
dave3, do you folks set different traps for other furbearers, also?
Or do you go for ONLY Bear?
or Grouse hunt?
or Hare hunt?
or Fish?

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have failed twice bear trapping Maine. If the out of state license wasn't so much, I'd go again, but right now I'll continue to go to Wyoming coyote trapping.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hern said:
dave3, do you folks set different traps for other furbearers, also?
Or do you go for ONLY Bear?
or Grouse hunt?
or Hare hunt?
or Fish?
Hern, we go in September, and bears are about all that is in. Most of the trout streams are even closed then. We have done a little fishing, tried panning for gold, and checked out some neat things up there. It's not a strenuous trip by any means, but it is fun.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hale87 said:
I have failed twice bear trapping Maine. If the out of state license wasn't so much, I'd go again, but right now I'll continue to go to Wyoming coyote trapping.
Hale who did you go with?
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts