The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hunting bear with a crossbow? Season runs mon thru fri right up to opening of firearms. just wondering

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I am gonna give it a try this year. I have a couple good
bear spots so I am hoping I can get lucky enough to get a
shot at one.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
a week of archery only bear
you bet i'll be out with my exocet 200
.......bob

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
Good luck to everyone who goes out. Be sure of your shots and make clean kills if you get the opportunity.

I will be out all eight days, that is unless I get lucky on one of the first seven. I have been seeing bears on a regular basis during my scouting walks, and actually almost literally walked into a bear on one occasion. I was walking directly toward a huge old white oak tree, and when I went around it I was face to face with a younger bear. Not sure who was the most scared, but he ran faster than I could so it was a good thing he ran away instead of toward me.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Gonna give it a go. Does ahybody know if you find a dead deer that was say shot in archery or hit with a car, if it is legal to hunt over it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes I'll be out there with my Ten point on thurs. & fri. to get close enough to one. The area I hunt has a lot of gas well activity so who knows what will happen. But that's hunting.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I will be out w/ the X-Force. The bear are there now (just saw one today again) but we will see where they are after archery, small game and turkey season.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts