The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommend bear outfitter for myself 44 but Also my dad who is 75 going on 76 need way to accommodate handicapped hunter .

Just trying to put a smile on my dads face not sure how much my only hunting partner beside my sons got left in him.

Hunting over bait .

Thank you so much.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Bob Parker, Stony Brook Outfitters. Hunts New Brunswick in spring and his home in Maine in fall. I'm 4 for 5 with him.
X2. Went with Bob also. Went over dogs. First day, first thing in the morning, had two0 Bear down. Was a split chase. His bait Hunters did real well. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Most bear hunters use 4 wheel UT'E's to bait stands. Should be no problem getting him to a stand.
Then decide whether ground blind or tree depending upon his abilities.

·
Registered
340 Posts
good morning to what extent is your dad handicapped, can he walk about 10 yds. can he walk up 3 steps ? If so I hunt with W.T. Outfitters in Quebec, He has 26 enclosed stands (very comfortable) and he can use my personal stand if you decide to go with them. 9hr drive from central pa. if you are interested you can pm me. good luck wherever you go. wish my uncle were still around to go with us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts