The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading to a bear hunt next week and wanted to get everyone's recommendation of a good bear taxidermist in or around schuylkill county....

Also, If anyone has any bears mounts they really like... I would love to see some pictures.

thanks in advance...

Registered
sch Co said:
Also, If anyone has any bears mounts they really like... I would love to see some pictures.

thanks in advance...
Had this one done in Maine, small bear but I think it's a cool mount.

I have two rugs that turned out nice, and I'm having the big boar I took this spring done full body standing on a leaning log (leans about 45 degrees) that should be really cool.

Registered
Try Hills taxidermy Leighton he has done hundreds. His specialty. He has done two full mounts and also one half mount for me. He also fixed a lousy full mount someone else did for me. He will get all my mounts! Great on deer also. He is very busy but gets the job done in timely fashion.

Registered
the guy that did my dad's is up by state college, so probably not the taxidermist for you.

i wish i had pictures, but it is a full body bear down on all 4's in a walking posture so one paw is up so you can see the detail of the pad/claws base was created to look like the terrain that my dad shot the bear in

Registered
loridr said:
sch Co said:

thanks in advance...
Had this one done in Maine, small bear but I think it's a cool mount.

I have two rugs that turned out nice, and I'm having the big boar I took this spring done full body standing on a leaning log (leans about 45 degrees) that should be really cool.
Nice mount

1 - 11 of 11 Posts