The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using a smokepole/in-line for Ursus americanus? If so, what are you using? I'm taking my .54 T/C Renegade p/c, 430 gr. maxi balls, 120 grains Pyrodex R/S.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually live not too far from the Delaware Water Gap area. Am wondering if the NJ bear hunt will take place around the NJ portion of it. Might look into hunting there. More than a couple bear/people encounters have taken place here.

·
Banned
900 Posts
Leaving Friday for Maine for thier bear season. Taking the Lyman GP Hunter, 5 gr 3f BP, 90gr 2f 777, 245gr aerotip powerbelts. Also Tundragriz seems to hunt everything with BP and I'm pretty sure he has bagged a bear. Throw him a PM or search his posts. I seem to remember loads in his posts. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
After years of talking about it,I'm going.Using the TC Big Boar 58cal with 120 grs of FFg and a RB.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Lyman deerstalker 50 cal hornady pa conical 90 grains 3f flinter, have carried it as long as it was fair weather for a few years, have taken everything else in pa with a flinter, except a bear, gotten them with rifle but a flinter would be the ultimate

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
If there is time in the schedule I will take my 54 cal longgun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts