The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to have my boy sit with me while bear hunting.thought this would make a good memory that would last a life time for him.the problem is I dont know what and where to go if I could just get a few guys to give up a little info on some gamelands that hold bear.getting a bear I Really dont expect but the experince that it will provide my boy is priceless.We live close to pittsburgh but I am willing to travel to increase the odds a little.we just plan on scouting a day to find a nice place to sit and watch for bears.any info is much appreciated!

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
SGL 43 in Ligoneer is good too.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Linn Run State Park and the surrounding state forest near Ligonier is a good place to check out. They also rent cabins in Linn Run but it may be too late.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Driving out to look around today on 51 since it is closer.and bagging a bear is only a bonus if it happens.time in the woods together is what is the real importance.we have been trapping and did manage to catch a real big male coyote and about 8 xxl coon.my son is showing some interest in the outdoors and that is what my intent has been his school has a teachers strike so he has been able to go every day.thanks every one again for the info again! good luck to all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts