The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My dad has been looking for land to buy for a few years but this past summer he started getting serious. My mom and my dad looked a cabin on 4 acres and planned on going to see it. I did my own little search, and came across this 26 acre plot. I told them to look at it, and it struck their interest. Two months later, they purchased it. (I am the baby of the family, and this showed I am my mom's favorite son)

The property has a creek running through and is only a short quad ride to stocked trout streams, a short walk to native trout, and a 10 minute drive to Highpoint Lake which we've heard has a nice pike population.

For the first time in my life, I had my own land to do everything I want with. Hunting wise, my goal was to make the habitat producing and holding as many deer and bear as possible. Bear became a new hunting possibility that I've never had. I just had no idea about where to look for them.

This is the first bear I caught on camera, it was the first time I set the cameras out on the property as well.
With all this bear talk however, My mom is a bit paranoid about them. Paranoid, but prepared.

We also have a security guard for our camp when we aren't present.

I present, Mr. Bo-Jangles

I have multiple random pictures that i've taken over the last 5 months. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Nice! High Point Lake huh? I know about where you're at. You are also only a short drive to Deep Creek Lake in Maryland. The fishing is fantastic for walleye and jumbo perch there.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am SOOOOOO jealous!

Terry

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
That security guard looks like some of the girls in the taverns up north here! LOL! Nice place !

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
That's a nice piece of heaven you have there and a funny video of your Mom. As far as the poop goes... I am always taking pics of bear poop and sending it to my brother. It gets him all fired up for bear season.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts