The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if any of you guys have had the privilege of dealing with Bear's customer service? I have a three year old Anarchy that has splintering in the upper and lower limbs. According to their website, the limbs have a 5 year warranty for the original owner. I am the original owner, but I cannot remember if I registered the bow...I think I did.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
851 Posts
Top notch, I don't know about that. I had a Bear Legion that the limbs started to splintering on so I sent it in to them and after 3 weeks I got it back. Shot it for a week or two and the same thing happened. So I sent it in again and waited the three or more weeks and it came back. 2 weeks and the same thing happened once again.

This time I decided to email a rep from Bear and find out what was up. Mind you this is only a few weeks from archery season. After sending a polite email I got back a response that said I must be shooting the wrong spined arrows and that besides from replacing the limbs again there was no other sort of compensation I could get.

So this time instead of spending the $20 or so to ship the bow to FL, I decided to take it to Gander Mountain. I usually would not take a bow there, but it was the only way I would have it back before the season I figured. I get back from them and that set of limbs made it about half way through the season. Limbs broke three seperate times and they didnt do a thing about it. I could not get a respnse from them after that.

So I still have that POS sitting around collecting dust. Bear will not be getting any of my money ever again. I now shoot a G5 Prime and they know how to treat their customers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
I had a very positive dealing with them on a minor issue with an factory equipped accessory for my Cruzer. Quick response, got it fixed quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies! I spoke with one of their reps after filling out the online warranty form. They are going to replace the 70 pounds limbs with 60 pounds limbs at my request for no charge. I will follow up with any/all interactions with Bear CS to keep you guys in the loop.

Everything is good, so far...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,523 Posts
in 1981 i bought a custom kodiak takedown recurve, not the special edition with the gold plated hinges, just a regular one.

i called the factory to order it and asked if Fred Bear would sign it, i was told he was only signing the limited edition ones. i called back and asked if i could speak with Mr. Bear...a few moments later, i was talking to Fred Bear.

after a short conversation he said he would sign it for me. i went home, wrote the check and put it in the mail, this was Monday...Friday i had my bow, signed by Fred Bear. there was no way they got my check and mailed that bow, that fast. He signed it Monday and mailed it the same day.

anyway, 1989, i was going to use that bow on a caribou hunt but the handle cracked, just a small crack that i could feel when i drew the bow back. i called the factory and asked to speak with Mr. Bear, they politely informed me that he had passed away last year.

i explained my situation and they transferred me to the President of the company, i believe his name was White. He had me send the bow directly to him to see if they could repair it with out damaging the signature.

a few weeks later i had a package, it was the original bow, signature still on it and a BRAND NEW custom kodiak takedown, they couldnt repair the other one with out damaging the signature so they gave me a brand new one.

i am sure their customer service is still top of the line, but you never know. in my heart i believe they will fix your problem.


i still have that bow and a signed letter written to me from Fred Bear, it came with the first bow he signed. what a thrill for a 21 year old "kid"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,101 Posts
bohunr said:
in 1981 i bought a custom kodiak takedown recurve, not the special edition with the gold plated hinges, just a regular one.

i called the factory to order it and asked if Fred Bear would sign it, i was told he was only signing the limited edition ones. i called back and asked if i could speak with Mr. Bear...a few moments later, i was talking to Fred Bear.

after a short conversation he said he would sign it for me. i went home, wrote the check and put it in the mail, this was Monday...Friday i had my bow, signed by Fred Bear. there was no way they got my check and mailed that bow, that fast. He signed it Monday and mailed it the same day.

anyway, 1989, i was going to use that bow on a caribou hunt but the handle cracked, just a small crack that i could feel when i drew the bow back. i called the factory and asked to speak with Mr. Bear, they politely informed me that he had passed away last year.

i explained my situation and they transferred me to the President of the company, i believe his name was White. He had me send the bow directly to him to see if they could repair it with out damaging the signature.

a few weeks later i had a package, it was the original bow, signature still on it and a BRAND NEW custom kodiak takedown, they couldnt repair the other one with out damaging the signature so they gave me a brand new one.

i am sure their customer service is still top of the line, but you never know. in my heart i believe they will fix your problem.


i still have that bow and a signed letter written to me from Fred Bear, it came with the first bow he signed. what a thrill for a 21 year old "kid"
That is really cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick update: Got the bow back about 2 weeks ago and was finally able to get to BowForIt for a tune up before shooting. Bow shoots great and the new limbs match the camo of the riser perfectly (as I expected they would). Bear put 60 pound limbs on for me at my request, has 70 pound limbs that cracked. Everything was done at no cost to me with exception of the original shipping back in February.

I couldn't be happier. Thanks Bear!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,523 Posts
NanookOdaNorth said:
Quick update: Got the bow back about 2 weeks ago and was finally able to get to BowForIt for a tune up before shooting. Bow shoots great and the new limbs match the camo of the riser perfectly (as I expected they would). Bear put 60 pound limbs on for me at my request, has 70 pound limbs that cracked. Everything was done at no cost to me with exception of the original shipping back in February.

I couldn't be happier. Thanks Bear!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,154 Posts
I have a bear carnage that I thought the string guide was bent so I called them and they sent me another one priority mail !
I also had a bow shop set it up for me for a 26 1/2" draw length but it was suppose to be 75% let off and it was very hard to hold back so I called them and a service tech got on the line and walked me through the whole setup. The bow shop forgot to move a screw and a modual ! the guy spent 1/2 an hour to 45 minutes to fix it and then told me to call him back if I needed anything else !
That's great customer service !

Pa Waterfowler there must have been something very wrong with the bow or something if it broke 4 different sets of limbs !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,479 Posts
I too thought that Redlab.I also don,t understand why so many people also have so much trouble with XBOW limbs also even though I know they are under high stresses.I mean you would think with all of the [email protected] supposedly done that would be a non issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
PA Waterfowler said:
Top notch, I don't know about that. I had a Bear Legion that the limbs started to splintering on so I sent it in to them and after 3 weeks I got it back. Shot it for a week or two and the same thing happened. So I sent it in again and waited the three or more weeks and it came back. 2 weeks and the same thing happened once again.

This time I decided to email a rep from Bear and find out what was up. Mind you this is only a few weeks from archery season. After sending a polite email I got back a response that said I must be shooting the wrong spined arrows and that besides from replacing the limbs again there was no other sort of compensation I could get.

So this time instead of spending the $20 or so to ship the bow to FL, I decided to take it to Gander Mountain. I usually would not take a bow there, but it was the only way I would have it back before the season I figured. I get back from them and that set of limbs made it about half way through the season. Limbs broke three seperate times and they didnt do a thing about it. I could not get a respnse from them after that.

So I still have that POS sitting around collecting dust. Bear will not be getting any of my money ever again. I now shoot a G5 Prime and they know how to treat their customers!
I am shopping for a new bow and was thinking of getting a Bear because the limbs on my Martin were splintering and im on my 2nd set and they can't do anything for me because I'm over my 5 year warranty. Maybe I'll re-think about getting a bear after your experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,348 Posts
In my experience there is a big difference between the low end Bear bows and the high end bows. If you handle a $350 Bear and $800 Bear you can tell the difference. At least I can.

bohunr that is an awesome story, thanks for sharing it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,523 Posts
Your Welcome.

Nanook, glad to hear the bows fixed and at NO CHARGE.

have to do a follow up when you get a deer with it this year.

also, dont forget to send some photos to bear archery, i know they will appreciate it. They love it when customers get back to them regarding their repaired gear.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top