The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
cant wait 14 days and i will be at bear camp. Head down friday morning and come home wed night. Then head back down friday morning for deer season.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
It sure is dragging out. We have 25 guys heading up again this year. We'll be hunting the Tiadaghton like always down below Slate Run. I took one a few years back on the hill behind the Wagon Wheel across Pine Creek hopefully I'll be lucky enough to do it again!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Bear camp is the highlight of the year for the four hunters that go to my cabin. We've gone several "buck" seasons without seeing or shooting one. The last three years we have hung at least one bear. And, we always see bear in the woods. It is very different from hunting deer for us, as we are satisfied when just one of us shoots something. In deer season, we all want to hang one from the meat pole. The Sunday intermission is one of the best things about it. It is just a great day of hanging by the fire pit, smoking some meat on the grill, drinking some beer, listening to the radio and shooting the bull. In rifle season it always seemed like the guys were rushing up on Sunday night and running out of town as soon as they shot something (or had to get back home). Not much time to sit around and enjoy God's Country.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts