The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting at home on this rainy day I find that my mind is drifting off to camp and bear season. Even though I know where I am going I have spent countless hours on google earth checking out every thing within a 5 mile radius of my stand. I know it aint the same as footwork but hey beings I am 100 miles away it is better than nothing.
At this point it looks like we are just going to have 4-6 folks in our camp this year. Between my buddies and cousins camps we will end up with around 20 between us.
I remember RB's and Spirit Nugents first bears and the raw emotion of both of the stories was just amazing. I honestly don't know how I will react when I get my first but I certainly hope to find out this year!
Bear camp is by far my favorite time to be at camp. It is always a great time with friends and family.
I look forward to evereyones pics from camp this year. Whether there is a bear in the pic or not, take lots of pics and lets all make this year a memorable one!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
We are already planning meals and all the other things that go into bear camp! We have had a couple of good years in a row, and hope for another one. Good luck to all this year!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Can't wait either Trapper. Our gang will be heading toward bush dam / kettle creek area. Last year was slow going for our group and our 4 year kill streak was broken. Bear camp is my favorite time of the year too!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
treestand91 said:
trapper our gang may be hitting the big woods of halton this year.....
I'm not going across from camp this year. They will probably really get em going there this year..haha. I am actually going closer to you. Hope to see yall. Sunday possibly?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I hunt around home, but I hunt with the guys from a camp just down the road.....we will have close to 20-25 mixed between locals, and those guys.......

·
Super Moderator
23,750 Posts
I was mistaken, I will not be up till maybe Sunday or Monday. Wife has to go out of town Friday- Sunday, I thought she was going Monday.

I should probably listen better as she just said

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will be butchering some turkeys for the cookout this year. Anybody handy who wants to stop over Sunday for some eats and drinks your more than welcome. Yall will probably wnat to hear about the bear I got the day before anyways...haha!

·
6,448 Posts
trapperb said:
I will be butchering some turkeys for the cookout this year. Anybody handy who wants to stop over Sunday for some eats and drinks your more than welcome. Yall will probably wnat to hear about the bear I got the day before anyways...haha!
good luck to you trapper we will be heading home sometime sunday.....does your gang get together and drive or do you post up....pretty sure im starting out close to camp myself

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I'm setting up my tent in 4D. Hope it is cold enough to keep down the bugs! When I coyote hunt there I hear coyotes but ALWAYS see bears.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Oh yeah! Bear camp! I'll be cook again, but I always set everything up beforehand, so no impact on hunting! Always a full roster
. Bald eagle state forest, tiaghdaton s.f., centre, Clinton, lycoming, union counties. We save a doe from rifle to feed us the following year, and a bear ham, but no bear ham this year,last year we hit one and tracked it into Sunday noon! Yup go up Tuesday before and set up the soups, chili, pickled beets and eggs. Set up the kegerator and put away all the food. We are open all three weeks, so it's truck load of groceries and kegs

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
treestand91 said:
trapperb said:
Post on Saturday then push the rest of the time. Stop over sat. evening if yall want.
good luck to you trapper we will be heading home sometime sunday.....does your gang get together and drive or do you post up....pretty sure im starting out close to camp myself

1 - 20 of 25 Posts