The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Bear at Camp

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Loggy 
#1 ·
Anyone else seeing bear at there camps?We were there this weekend again saw one Saturday come by camp and sunday morning around 10 two came right by window checked out our burn barrel and trail came we just put up.Here are a few pics of the noisy things.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Wayne we leave nothing there everything comes home for garbage.we have a food plot with rye grass and the dam things love to eat it.we know of 7 different bears this season,I think game land 13 is one of spots the game commission releases nusense animals our land buts up against it

#9 ·
While at camp last week and heading for town one morning, young bear crossed the road in front of me. It was within a few hundred feet of a camp along that road. Day before that when i drove past, two young girls were painting the little porch and steps on the front of that camp.

Hope they also got to see the bear, while they were at camp. Might've been the highlight of their time at camp? Guessing painting the porch probably wasn't.

:smile2:

#12 ·
At our place in 3D it’s common to see them in the summer. The larger ones just walk by and don’t pay us much attention, if they see us they usually run off. The smaller ones sometimes hang around the yard - it’s almost like they haven’t figured out how to handle humans yet. I keep a metal pot and ladle handy and make a racket, that’s typically enough to get them to leave. We are extra careful not to leave any food\scraps around, but they still like to grub around the firepit. They also like to check out the screened porch, of course the dam things don’t use the door and don’t leave from the same hole they entered in!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.