The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I shot my buck and I'm looking to go after a bear with the bow. Was wondering what some of your tactics are for gettin within bow range. Being in PA spot and stalk aint so easy. Also Ive seen using predator calls. Also anyone use lures at all and any important laws I should know? Obviously can't bait around here either.

Basically what is your approach to your bear hunts and tactics/strategy.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
You can not use scents or lures for bear in pa. Your best bet is to scout a good food source near heavy cover. hang a stand to play the wind if you can find a good acorn crop thats a good place to start.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Stalk is not a bad idea, I have been close enough to shoot a bear a few times with a bow just out scouting. Although it is a little hairy when you see one at 40 yds unarmed.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Deer calls. I pulled a 500 lber in last year on a grunt tube. He wouldn't leave either cuz he thought I was a deer even after I started yelling at him.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Find a corn field somewhere there are bears. Walk around it till you see a 4 foot wide trail leading into it. Set up a stand right where the trail comes out of the woods and into the corn. Sit till dark. Shoot bear. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts