The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was looking for an adult beagle to go with my male and she just arived today and I can't wait to see her run! However, we didn't buy her on the blind. A buddy of mine who runs beagles went and checked her out for me. He said she's a sparkplug and can flat out, run the tail off a rabbit. Plus, she gets into the nastiest stuff out there which is what I always look for in our hunting dogs. Anyway, I threw together a quick pedigree and was just wondering if anyone could fill me in a little on some of the dogs. I know the big named Branko dogs like Prop, Copper Boy, Lumberjack and Jack of all Trades but not too many of the rest. I especially haven't heard much on her sire IFC Branko's Warlock either. Any info or opinions on the pedigree would be GREATLY appreciated. It doesn't really matter to me but I always like to know as much as I can about the dogs I run. Thanks!

http://espomagazine.com/pedigrees/12303.htm

·
Registered
178 Posts
Your Pedigree sounds wonderful, many of the dogs in it are Canadian FC's like Close Call Girl and Great Nada and others in the Pedigree. I have seen many dogs out of Warlock placing in trials, I heard he put out some really good offspring like himself. Just take the time to let her get to know you and enjoy every minute of her. Have fun!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
i had a heavy branko female. both prop and jack of all trades on there. she was a rabbit runnin machine but very hard headed.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far this one is the best listening beagle we've had. I agree with the rabbit hunting machine comment though. She goes all day and doesn't know what quit means.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
I will only say that IMO, genetics only plays a part in getting a good dog. Training and individual personality play a bigger role, just like in humans. Sidney Crosby and Linsay Vonn could make a baby in Vancouver this week, but that does not assure that the child will be an Olympic performer. A good trainer can make a genetically bad dog acceptable, but a poor trainer can ruin even champion blooded dogs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts