The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday, November 25 a male bluetick beagle was lost in Sterling between the Barnes Road North and Callapoose road. His name is Dexter and he has an orange collar.

If found, please call Duane 698-5103.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I received a report yesterday that Dexter might have been near the airport on Monday.

Any help in getting him home will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone reading this post that has friends or relatives in Sterling, I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact them and let them know about Dexter.

Thank you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today is the tenth day, and time is of the essence to find him. Any help in finding him will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyone has children or relatives in the Western Wayne School district, I would greatly appreciate it if you could ask them to ask their friends if they saw a beagle since Friday, November 25. A picture of Dexter is on the WNEP TV website under lost pets.

Thank you.

Duane

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't want to post this, but it has been on my mind for two weeks. I am concerned that Dexter was shot on the day I lost him, and it happened less than 300 yards from where I park. He was accused of killing someone's chickens, and I heard shots that day from that property.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hopefully, Dexter is alive and well. However, I can't stop thinking that this is what may have happened. There are too many houses in the area, and too many people know about him for him not to be even seen since I lost him on November 25. Further, he had a collar with my name and number on it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Maybe ask the landowner if you can search their land(if he was shot you may find his remains and at least you would know). May have been someone putting up a tree stand and figured he would be chasing deer. At least you could get an idea without accusing the landowner directly. Hopefully, they wouldn't shoot a dog over chickens.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just sayin I know I'm not happy when I see animals stalking my chickens, but they've never been attacked. I am sorry you haven't been able to locate Dexter.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Had a beautiful black lab trying to break into my girlfriend’s chicken house, and knew it was the neighbor’s dog got loose again. We scared it off, but saw it actually chewed into the wood trying to get in. We told the lab owner about it and she said it gets loose often. I told her we have chickens and let them free range on our land, and just lost a few while roaming in the yard and suspected their dog, as we saw it before chasing them and trying to kill them. I have no problem protecting my pet, from others pet with a bullet. This is some breeds natural instinct on chickens so every precaution is needed to ensure it doesn’t wander. We small game hunted this morning and the dogs all have shock collars to ensure they never get too far from where they are supposed to be. I hope Dexter is still out roaming and will be found soon as I know the bond between a dedicated dog and owner can be deeper than non dog owners would understand.

·
Registered
308 Posts
My point is to bwanajim, not sure how you can justity threating a property owner "for a couple years" for protecting his property. If your dog is that far away from you,I don't think you can blame the chicken farmer.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just to keep this post on track, I want to say that the property owner accused Dexter of killing some chickens, however, the property owner also said that they did not actually see him do it. Well, in this case, he shouldn't have even been accused. Thats what makes this worse. Hopefully, he didn't get shot for something he didn't do.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I'm sure you'll find dexter we had 2 of our brittanys get out years back and i think they were gone for almost 2 weeks before someone caught them and called us...they were miles away from where we started

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hope I find him, this is wearing on me. Alot of people in the area know he is missing, and he has a collar with my name and number on it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts