The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine found a tri-color male beagle in Northwestern Lycoming county over the weekend if anyone has heard of someone losing one. He is missing a collar but you can easily tell he wore one for quite some time. I'm guessing he was kept in a kennel as well as he is not house broken at all. He seems like he may be a hunting dog as well as he doesn't bark but does pull on a leash and root pretty good and opened up on leash when walking through brush. Not sure how long he may have been loose but my buddy said he looked pretty tired and wore out and he was favoring his feet so he may have been loose for awhile and could have gone a good distance. If anyone knows of someone who lost a beagle in that area let me know.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Last time i had 2 get out, and the guy who found it had his mother return the pup, but not the mom, and she would not tell me where he lived, etc...I flat out told her, i KNOW he keeping her, cause she was one of my best beagles ever!!! Jerk!

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to hear that bruin. My buddy is keeping him in the house, fixing him up and making sure he's well fed. If he doesn't hear from anyone I'm gonna check him out as I run beagles as well so we're gonna put my tritronics on him and see if he's collar trained or not. If he is a hunting dog and nobody comes forward he wants to keep him running rabbits.

·
Registered
193 Posts
my guess would be someone took his collar of and left him in the field. probably a deer or fox runner and they were hoping someone would find this dog and give it a home. good luck!

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was exactly my guess too but still figured I'd post it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts