The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks I was just wondering if anyone knows if the Rolfe beagle club was still active and if it is who would you talk to about joining. Thanks Jack

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John tried to get in touch with the Pres but haven't been able to. Does anybody know of any clubs around the Warren area that are taking new members?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
The closest clubs I can think of would be Rainbow, oil creek and Mckean county. Mckean county is a brace club though, so good luck joining there.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
You could try the Coraopolis Beagle Club. It's right on the corner or Washington, Beaver, and Allegheny County. I know they hold some big championship competition there every year.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
John-PA said:
The closest clubs I can think of would be Rainbow, oil creek and Mckean county. Mckean county is a brace club though, so good luck joining there.
What do you mean by that? Do brace clubs have a reputation for being closed to new members?

·
Registered
24,755 Posts
usually exclude hunting dogs or spo type dogs The brace beagles and their owners are a different lot of dogs and people.

They usually do not want their rabbits being pushed by hard charging hounds.. Their hounds will follow a line for ten yards or so and then the dogs are picked up....

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
timberdoodle said:
usually exclude hunting dogs or spo type dogs The brace beagles and their owners are a different lot of dogs and people.

They usually do not want their rabbits being pushed by hard charging hounds.. Their hounds will follow a line for ten yards or so and then the dogs are picked up....
They'd love the handle Run2Catch. lol not really.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Isn't Enchanted Mountain an Appalachian style club? Might have trouble getting in there too. You should know all about that John-PA. Your best bet is to make one of your buddies president.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Enchanted Mountain is on the conservative side but is nowhere near a brace club. They are a member of the IBGA.

Northern Chautaqua folded last year due to lack of interest.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Like John said Northern Chatauqua is no longer.

Shayne, Enchanted Mtn is a spo club that runs a dog similar to the clubs around here.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Smoke'n Mack said:
Isn't Enchanted Mountain an Appalachian style club? Might have trouble getting in there too. You should know all about that John-PA. Your best bet is to make one of your buddies president.
What is an Appalachian style club?

Great thread guys. I like learning about this kind of stuff.

BTW...sent an email to presque isle beagle club a couple of weeks ago and haven't received a response.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Andy Purnell said:
timberdoodle said:

They'd love the handle Run2Catch. lol not really.
Besides, I don't have a tolling stick.

Traditional brace is more like a dog show....WALK PLEASE...

Gundog brace, while not my style, at least can be hunted over.

I'm going to check out a little pack hunt next month. Something tells me that there won't be many peanut rollers.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts