The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend, my daughter had her friend over. I had met her dad before I took her with me which is standard procedure when you swap kids and we left. On the way home, I told my daughter I wanted to go hunting next weekend and the friend said she loved to hunt so we started chatting about hunting.

Her dad takes her hunting behind their house. He owns 250 acres. I wasn't expecting to hear all that so I mentioned that I'd love to hunt it and take her out for a day of squirrel hunting. She says she'll ask her dad, who I just met, if I could hunt it. He said he wanted to speak to me about it and not go through his daughter so she gave me his number and I called him.

Let's just say that I wont be hunting there at all!!! He proceeded to tell me all kinds of nasty things and it got really creepy fast!

Ladies, I know I don't have to tell you this but I do! Do not let any man treat you badly in your pursuit in finding private property to hunt! You have a right to be out there just as anyone else does and be respected just like anyone else would want to be respected!

I would like to thank this jerk for ruining anything I could have taught his daughter and making a positive impact on our love for hunting while out in the woods! I won't be coming over to let you see me in my cammo either!

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
I hate it when that happens.

Hopefully, he'll see the light and you can take his daughter out sometime. She needs a positive, strong female role model.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
Janie, sorry to hear about that...

As a father of a 14 daughter, I would be concerned about letting your daughter anywhere near that piece of dirt....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts