The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any recommendations and/or manufacture suggestions or thoughts for or against the functional use of battery heated vest. As a result of triceps surgeries I have difficuties pulling by compound bow back during cold....I am wondering if a heated vest would help.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I use a Gerbing (Cabelas) 7v vest and/or 7v waist band in cold weather. The pads inside the vest are in the core area and the vest needs to be worn tight with only a light base layer top underneath to really feel the heat on your back and kidney area. I wear the waist band the most because I get better contact in my lower back. I'm not sure it would help your tricep area. The chemical warmer pads like Hot Hands might work better if taped or banded to the upper arm. I think they might even make them in a larger size that are supposed to adhere to your body.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Here's another thought...the pads and wiring are sewn into the manufactured vest like Gerbing's or Milwaukee so you should be able to remove them and sew them into a heavy baselayer long sleeve top where you need them. I've seen pads and wiring sold separately on eBay but they were from China and I don't know how reliable they would be.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought the Milwaukee because I have their 12v tools for work. That way all I needed was the vest, since I had extra batteries and chargers. Works good to keep the core warm. Also use it on the Harley on chilly mornings

·
Registered
162 Posts
I second the Milwaukee. Bought one for my dad and he loves it. It is now made in camo I believe and it is a coat though not a vest that I bought him. Good luck with your decision.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Hot hands makes warmers that have a sticky back for your feet, you might be able to use them on your upper arm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts