The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Clear water - 1/8oz Cabin Creek Salty Spider and a Gold Flash Jersey Rigg on a #2 Gamagatsu straight shank hook.

Stained water - 1/2oz Black/Blue Strike King Pro Model Jig with a Black/Blue Flake Zoom Super Chunk.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Practice skipping your baits under docks, learn the pitching + flipping game to quietly enter the water with your baits(although a loud splash can work too), try unconventional baits + methods, tune some baits to run right or left under boats

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
soft plastics are great around docks. many times i go weightless. a slow drop with subtle shakes drives them nuts when a weioghted presentations gets nothing. i've not had good luck with barges unless they are permanently there. then determine if they are sitting on the bottom or floating. if on bottom, use your electronic to find washout holes along the front edge or sides.

·
Registered
11,639 Posts
icemole said:
Practice skipping your baits under docks,
I have luck shipping baits and I also flip weightless worms on the dock and slid them off so they fall lightly into the water and sink slowly.

A spinner bait slid off the dock and let to sink before starting to retreive also works.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
if you wanna get good at dock fishing take a couple days and go to Chautauqua in NY

1 - 9 of 9 Posts