The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hope it all folds up!!! All you’ll get done seeing this year are lowlifes kneeling for the anthem. Crap commentary on social justice and black lives matter. Not me I’ll turn the channel!

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
A 100 mph ball comes at a batter, he ducks. Ovechkin lets loose a monster slapshot with that frozen rubber disk at 110 mph? Hockey players jump in front of it.
Of course he ducks. I guarantee you, Ovechkin ducks away from a 100mph fastball and so does anybody else with any sense.

Would you stand there while a 100mph fastball hits you in the head? If yes, let us know when you’re out of the coma, if you ever do come out of the coma, that is.

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
Football probably has the best athletes. When you factor in strength, speed, agility, jumping ability and coordination. Not to mention if you are a offensive lineman for example there are so many subtle details when comes to things like footwork and hand technique. There is also a reason why they play very few games and the average career is so short for most of them. So easy to get injured or lose a step and have someone replace you. Never looked at baseball players as superior athletes. Considered them more to have special skill sets. Superior hand and eye coordination or a good arm.
I tried to like baseball. Even played it for five or six years but it is so boring . Games take way too long . It’s like watching paint dry and they play too many games. The league is also set up terrible. You can have one player on a team making more than another teams entire roster. It stupid.
I do find playoff baseball exciting but being from Pittsburgh with the cheapest ownership in the league it is like winning the lottery when it happens.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I almost never missed a Phillies game on TV. I have been an avid fan my whole life and frequently would head down to Philly for a weekend to catch the games. I will never, ever, watch another game since they got on board with the BLM. This goes for the Eagles, as well.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I almost never missed a Phillies game on TV. I have been an avid fan my whole life and frequently would head down to Philly for a weekend to catch the games. I will never, ever, watch another game since they got on board with the BLM. This goes for the Eagles, as well.
With all due respect I have been hearing this on WIP radio and can't help thinking that all these folks who are swearing off sports will be back on board once the games get started.
There are a few things on TV that one can swear off but sports is not one of them. They always come back :)...

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
With all due respect I have been hearing this on WIP radio and can't help thinking that all these folks who are swearing off sports will be back on board once the games get started.
There are a few things on TV that one can swear off but sports is not one of them. They always come back :)...

The folks at WIP better hope you are right. Somehow I think that this time MLB has taken the proverbial "dump" right where they eat.

I don't think there are many bartender jobs that pay the salaries that any MLB player is used to getting or enough of them available.

·
Registered
16,458 Posts

i wont. i've never really been on board. those pro sports organizations let their players stay on the team after committing crimes, beating their wives, etc... they should be leading by example. not coddling criminals. i also want some reverse affirmative action in the NBA, way to many black players, not enough whites !

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
If I stop watching sports I might as well not even own a television. We have Netflix and I can never find anything that interests me and other than the Weather Channel I have almost no use for cable. Not sure if movies and shows are just that poorly produced and written or I have just outgrown it.
In the evenings I mostly find myself on this site or searching YouTube for hunting and other outdoor content.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used to watch the Office reruns. Nothing ever made me laugh harder than those episodes with Steve Carell as Michael. I can never watch another episode knowing he donated $200,000 to the defense and bail for the rioters. Makes me want to puke.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Personally I don't find "major" league baseball interesting. A majority of those players are NOT playing at 100%. Their contracts are guaranteed and the only effort you see is what it takes them to achieve their incentives ( more money). I've turned down free tickets to club box seats from my vendors.
I will go see a minor league game before I go see a major league game.
I'll watch a college game before a minor league game.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I love watching minor league baseball, unfortunately they absolutely need fans in the seats to survive. Wolf is going to keep everything shut down until Biden is elected. Watch for this virus to magically disappear after the election. This is all a hoax by the Left. I noticed on NBC news today they started back on the saturation CV coverage now that George Floyd’s funeral has concluded.

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
I used to watch the Office reruns. Nothing ever made me laugh harder than those episodes with Steve Carell as Michael. I can never watch another episode knowing he donated $200,000 to the defense and bail for the rioters. Makes me want to puke.
That was a great show. One of the few shows that had the ability to me laugh out loud. Last few seasons weren’t nearly as good.

·
4,225 Posts
I don't know the number of games they plan to play this year, it will be somewhere between 48-70. To me that is a lost season. Play 75-100 and maybe acceptable. Don't expand playoffs, cut them down and decrease everything but the WS to a 5 game series. Then I'll take this season seriously. 48 games, that is nothing.

On the other subject hockey is not getting enough love here. The endurance these guys have to have to go up an down the ice at full speed. The focus on the puck, and the skill to look 10 feet in front of you and keep that puck moving on your stick. Let alone the other physicality that comes with the game. A check from a 6' 180# might not be like a hit from 6'5" 280 LB but that guy coming a good speed across the ice hitting you into a wood/glass wall is tough on the body. Every sport has pluses over the other for sure but I think hockey requires the highest level of endurance, skill, speed, and physicality.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts