The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FIL has a baseball. Not just any baseball. It is signed by Cal ripken SR, Cal Ripken JR, AND Billie Ripken. The ball was signed in 1991 or 1992 and has been untouched in a case since. My Fil wants to know what could be expected to go for. Also, if anybody knows a good authenticator near 17257, please pm me. Thanks for your time

·
Registered
931 Posts
Your best bet is to send it to JSA(SpenceLOA)or PSA(Professional Sports Authenticator). Not sure of cost, but they are two of the most trusted grading companies for sports. They will authenticate, grade and register for a fee. I'm not a professional, but I will say this as a collector. With all three it sounds intriguing, but a lot will ride on the signatures. If they are clean and crisp it increases the value. Also book value is usually highly inflated for sports. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I just looked on ebay and there are two ripken family balls PSA and they are listed for over $300. Judging by other balls I would honestly say street value would be between $75-125. Unless you really need to move it I would recommend getting it authenticated and hold it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts