The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I alone in having practically 0 interest in Phillies baseball this coming season?

Maybe it's the blanket of frozen snow outside or the reminder of last seasons disappointments, but for the first time in memory I can not get myself even remotely excited for baseball.

I can only think of one player's name (Tommy Joseph) on the team.

I know more about NASCAR than baseball.

:shocked:

·
Registered
39,595 Posts
One thing is for certain, no matter what the Phillies management will tell you, they aren't going anywhere and therein lies the lack of interest. I think their attendance was down about a million last year. I'm hoping, within the next few years, they get better.

I will still watch on TV because it wouldn't be summer without baseball, at least not for me anyway.

·
Banned
1,186 Posts
No matter how bad the phillies maybe this year it still beats hockey and basketball!
So after the NCAA wrestling is over this weekend bring on the baseball.

·
Registered
9,644 Posts
The Phils arent impressing me this spring, hopefully they pick it up going into the regular season. The future looks promising, but for some reason, management get stuck on the current players, and the up and coming players could end up being traded instead of moving out the veteran players.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
I enjoy going to a Phillies game or two a season and will watch it on TV if someone puts it on but there is no way I will listen to a game on radio.
I guess the season being so long and the Phillies not being consistently good enough I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything if I don't see them for weeks on end.
Now collage and pro football that I can't wait for those seasons to roll around.

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I enjoy going to a Phillies game or two a season and will watch it on TV if someone puts it on but there is no way I will listen to a game on radio.
I guess the season being so long and the Phillies not being consistently good enough I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything if I don't see them for weeks on end.
Now collage and pro football that I can't wait for those seasons to roll around.
Know what there Birch, I am just the opposite because last year I could listen to the radio broadcast because it allowed me to do something else at the same time. Could not sit log enough to watch a full game.
But there is one announcer (can't recall his name) whose droning voice just puts me to sleep. When he takes the mic I go mow the lawn or wash the car or something.

:)

·
Registered
39,595 Posts
I like listening to the Phillies when I'm driving. Heading home from work, before I retired, listening to Phils/Cubs Day games on the radio and Friday night drives to the Jersey shore with Harry and Whitey. These days it's Larry Anderson and Scott Franzke, both are good but don't compare to Harry and Whitey. I think they spoiled me.

Btw, I'd rather have the radio guys on TV. I'm not crazy about McCarthy, the guy still doesn't know when a ball is "outta here." Ben Davis isn't bad in his role. I like to hear Mike Schmidt talk about hitting but his commentary is lacking. He was a pretty good hitter, maybe they should make him the hitting coach.

I think John Kruk is gonna be in the TV booth this season.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
There are pirate fans { SUCKERS } born every day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts