The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a LH AR in 556. I checked on other forums and found a 50/50 result to my ?. I want to use a YHM barrel with M4 ramps and a LH BCG, but... the extension is for a RH. I did read many people used standard barrels in LH builds with no issues. Stag is the only company that has an ambi extension from what I can find. RedXarms makes a LH upper and I was told it is a standard barrel. Anyone have experience in this?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Stag is the only game in town for LH. I personally would not buy anything built by Red X as they are not known for quality.

Just curious why you don't just learn to shoot RH. I'm left eye dominate and RH. I shoot RH primarily and have never had an issue. I trained my LH friend to shoot RH. It's all about repetition and learning the manual of arms.

Just remember that even if you get a LH upper, your lower is still going to have the controls designed for a RH shooter.

I really don't see how the extension is going to make a difference weather it's LH or RH.

Just look at the side charging handle uppers...you charge the BCG from the LH and it ejects from the left side and people are not having issues, so why would you just because you are a LH shooter? Am I making any sense to you?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The issues I read about were lock up with the bolt and rotation. The ambi extension is chamfered differently than the rh and since the bolt rotates differently then the rh it could hang up, allegedly. Im glad you told me about redx because I was told they are great. The stag upper receiver is a few $ more so Ill go that route.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts