The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you don't have a good place to shoot in your rifles changing a barrel out constantly on a single owned Encore action can be a pain... I do have a few dedicated Encore platforms that I never change the barrel out. Not so much for deer hunting but my fox/coytes calibers... I want them to be zero'd so I can go at any moment notice. So if you change barrels out what a good thing to do so that your barrel will be pretty close to zero the next time you use that barrel on a Encore action?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I have never had a tc encore barrel/scope combo go out of zero when changing barrels on either of my frames. The optics are mounted to the barrel, not the frame or receiver, making zero shift virtually negligible if changing at all. My .223 barrel gets swapped out at least twice a year with my deer barrels on my encore rifle frame and it always shoots zero every time, as do all three of my other rifle barrels and 4 pistol barrels on my encore pistol frame.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I own several T/C Contenders. The scope and barrel are sighted. Swapping one scope/barrel for another, then back again does not change the zero of the first scope/barrel.

For instance, I have a stainless steel T/C frame and have a 14” .223 scope/combo, a 14” .44 Magnum scope/combo and a 10” .22 Hornet scope/combo. I swap the barrels all the time and the zeros never change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts