The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Was perfectly smooth but I switched to steel wool to card and it had a little denatured alcohol in it. Sort of created a peeling paint effect. It probably was s blessing since that remaining “paint” was a thick layer and when subsequent browns scrubbed it off the surface brown looked a lot less superficial.

Seems the lock kept rusting a little too. I want to disassemble it anyway to polish all bearing surfaces so I’ll give it another rotella bath then.

Thanks to all for the guidance. I learned a lot during the process. Definitely a good way to learn their functionality and other details.

· Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was oiled but I blasted lock with ballistol and more scaling came off. Looks 100% better now. I darkened the RR tubes already. Ended up taking a permanent brown sharpie to the TC sight. The fiber bead I wiped with browning and it etched enough it sorta blends. Going to change to a rear tang Ladder peep at some point.

· Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Think it needs the standard sling swivel instead of the current ones. The style that require a lug added to the barrel and drilling through stock. Looks a little funny with a rubber sling and the ramrod sling attachment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts