The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I am looking to buy a crossbow. Does anyone know anything about the Barnett Wildcat C5? In Cabelas is is getting a review of 4.5 out of 5 after over 60 reviews. Seems pretty solid. DOes anyone have any advice to offer about this particular bow? Also, I will be using this for hunting, any scope recomendations?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have one and it shoots very well--but isn't in the stable for the long haul.

Good points:

Accurate
Price
Fast

Less than good points:

The mounting of the quiver is a bad joke
The trigger has so much travel you should start early.

Regarding the scope, I have the red dot sight without magnification and don't know why anyone would need more than that.

As far as value based on price I think it is a reasonable bow. I wasn't sure if I was going to like the crossbow and wanted to not spend a fortune to find out. Now I'm sold and will move up the line.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
My younger brother has one and he likes it alot. It is
very accurate and the red dot scope works well. For the
price it is a good crossbow.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I just finished repairing a C5. It had less than 50 shots on it and the string and one of the cables were starting to come undone. I'm sure that not every one will do this, but this one did. The string latch appears to be a stamped steel part. The riser is cast. That being said, it didn't vibrate after the shot as bad as I expected.

For the same amount of money you can get a Parker with a lifetime warranty. There is alot of stress on the parts of a crossbow. I wouldn't want to spend a few hundred dollars on a bow without getting a decent warranty and customer service. Parker uses a machined riser and uses the G2 trigger on all of it's models, that includes the string latch and scope mounting rail. It's a very good trigger. They also use Hawke optics, the very best crossbow optics.

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
I have not seen or shot a C5 first hand.I can tell you I love my Hawke Map scope.I mounted it to my Excal and only had to tweak it a little.It was like it came just for my bow.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Stopped at Parker's booth at the show Mike to say hello--and get some information--but you were off "messin around"

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had a C5 for a while and shot a few bucks with it, good Xbow for the money. But I recently upgraded to a Parker Tornado and there's no comparison, the Parker is the cat's meow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts